Pullman & Comley attorneys (offices in Connecticut and New York) have been closely monitoring the legal implications for businesses, municipalities and other organizations of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Links to their recent three-part Webinar Series are available below. "A Summary of Pullman & Comley Advisories on Coronavirus (COVID-19)" can be found here.
WEBINAR: Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Series - Part III – March 31, 2020
Topics covered included:
- What employers need to know now about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act and other just-issued employment guidance
- What small businesses need to know about financial relief in the wake of CARES Act
- What to do in your workplace if an employee tests positive for COVID-19, and other key employer questions
Click here to access a recording of the webinar
WEBINAR: Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Series - Part II – March 27, 2020
Topics to covered included:
- Issues for health care workers and those who must self-isolate as a result of COVID-19 exposure;
- Planning for what comes next – the use of force majeure clauses and the doctrines of commercial impracticability or frustration of purpose as a way to excuse contract performance;
- Overview of DECD’s CT Recovery Bridge Loan program and other relief available to small businesses in response to COVID-19;
- Healthcare focus: telehealth expansion; government assistance to providers; and unique COVID-19 issues; and
- Governmental services and policies that are in place to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please click here to access a recording of this webinar.
WEBINAR: Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Series, Part I – March 26, 2020
Covered topics included:
- Governor Lamont’s latest Executive Orders, what it means if your business is an "essential business” and how businesses can comply with Executive Order 7H relating to essential businesses;
- Issues associated with leave, furloughing or laying off employees;
- Obligations of employers under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act; and
- Status of Court Operations, including civil actions, evictions and foreclosures.
A recording of the webinar can be accessed here.